• Willkommen im Linux Club - dem deutschsprachigen Supportforum für GNU/Linux. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und Fragen zu stellen.

Yast: USB image creator

HG_XVH

Hi,
I tried to create an usb stick with Yast Image Creator. (OpenSuse 11.2, kiwi and yast packages are up-to-date - updating yesterday). I also tried to create a cdrom iso image. In all cases it fails. In the temporary working directory the whole structur of subdirs are created, repository check finished OK, however it seems to me that there is no package transfered to temporary directory. Finally zypper stopps with error:

Code:
+ chroot /tmp/YaST2-03245-5HSSTY/myphysical /usr/bin/zypper --non-interactive --no-gpg-checks --reposd-dir /var/cache/kiwi/zypper --cache-dir /var/cache/kiwi/zypper --raw-cache-dir /var/cache/kiwi/zypper install --auto-agree-with-licenses 3ddiag 915resolution ... much more selected packages ... yp-tools ypbind zd1211-firmware zisofs-tools zlib zvbi zypper
'NetworkManager-kde' not found.

Any ideas how to fix ist?
Any place where I could ask for more help?

(Yes I searched the web, most answers are related to kiwi itself and <11.1 . Please to not recommend to copy an cd iso image to a usb stick - I want to use the yast feature with packages selection.)

lOtz1009

Teammitglied
Hi,

you can obtain English spoken support via http://forums.opensuse.org/ or in the IRC channels #suse and #opensuse-kiwi

Is it always NetworkManager-kde and is that package installed on your running system? Does it finish without NetworkManager selected?

OP
H

HG_XVH

Thank you for your fast answer.
I tried several thinks: using the suggested profiles ("bootstrap", etc, manual selection of packages, adding NetworkManager-kde manualy to the suggested selection ...) nothing worked.
I tried to run the posted statement without out the NetworkManager package: error with other package name. So I guess there is a mismatch between the used download area for the packages and the used chroot path.
On the running system itself everything works fine. Only image creation is affected and won't work.

lOtz1009

Teammitglied
Would you please have a look if all packages have been downloaded to /var/cache/kiwi/zypper ? Maybe out of disk space?

OP
H

HG_XVH

It seems that all packages are downloaded and disc is not full. However I will not spend more time on this topic: While searching for a solution I found SuseStudio. Within a few minutes I got a usb image - excactly what I needed - and Yast image creator could not build.
Thank you for your help so far.

Oben