• Willkommen im Linux Club - dem deutschsprachigen Supportforum für GNU/Linux. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und Fragen zu stellen.

[X.org] keymap switching

orLando_

Hallo!
I will write in English because I can speak German only with vocabulary (I can speak Russian too).
I've got a trouble with switching keymaps (languages). I'm using KDE, and ran
Code:
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
and now my xorg.conf contains such strings:
Code:
Option "XkbLayout" "us, ru, ua" Option "XkbVariant" "us" Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
But when I press both Alt+Shift the keymap is not switched to another language. Can anyone help me with this trouble? Thanks beforehands.
P.S. Feel free to write in German I'll try to translate.

Which KDE-version do you use?

When setting at least two keymaps in KControl / systemsettings, an applet should appear in your systray. You can change keymaps by simply clicking on it.

keysnap.png

Does this applet show itself at all?

OP
O

orLando_

I'm using KDE 4.0. Yes, the applet you mentioned is dispalyed and I can switch keymaps using mouse (simply selecting the language from that applet), but Alt+Shift not working :(

Awwwww, c'mon. Is using a mouse not 1337 enough? :D

You should take a look at the settings of the applet → xkb-Options, are these activated and configured?

tomm.fa

Administrator
Teammitglied
orLando_ schrieb:
Code:
Option "XkbLayout" "us, ru, ua" Option "XkbVariant" "us" Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
But when I press both Alt+Shift the keymap is not switched to another language. Can anyone help me with this trouble?
Press Alt+Shift+Toggle (Falls es weiterhilft und leider nicht in Englisch, Toggle ist die Feststelltaste (meistens die Taste, über der linken Shift-Taste). Dieses ist ein Ausschnitt aus meiner xorg.conf (die ich zum Test kurz verändert habe):
Code:
Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "kbd"
  Identifier   "Keyboard[0]"
  Option       "Protocol" "Standard"
  Option       "XkbLayout" "us, de,"
  Option       "XkbModel" "microsoftpro"
  Option       "XkbRules" "xfree86"
  Option       "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
  Option       "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"
EndSection
und das Umschalten funktioniert (unter KDE3 und KDE4 ohne etwas in Kcontrol zu ändern (das Tastaturlayout zu aktivieren).). Anstelle von Toggle würde ich aber eine andere Taste nehmen.
Edit: http://www.linux-forum.de/x-org-keymap-switching-22587.html

OP
O

orLando_

für gropiuskalle
Using mouse is quite annoying, I want to work like in Windows.
The problem was solved by my friend. I should uncheck the checkbox "XKB rules" in KControl or similar I don't remember (if needed I'll figure it out). After that action "Alt+Shift" started to work fine.
für tomfa
Thank you for your piece of xorg.conf, by the way "Tastaturlayout" - Was ist das? :???:

Oben