• Willkommen im Linux Club - dem deutschsprachigen Supportforum für GNU/Linux. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und Fragen zu stellen.

problem with GTK installation: "Can't link to Pango&amp

alexzive

Dear German Friends,

I am new here and I am sorry for posting in english, hope it will be not be a problem.
I have a big problem by installing GTK+-2.10.11: executing "./configure" it shows me the following error:

"can't link to Pango" :roll:

I am really panishing since I am working on it since some days and still I didn`t find a solution! (Ps: ok, my Linux level is somewhat between beginner and medium)

I have first tried this patch suggested here (using the command "patch -p1 < configure.in-pango.patch") :
https://blog.f4k3.net/page/daja77?entry=gtk_again

but repeating the GTK+ configuration it still "Can't link to Pango"!!!!!!!! :cry:

I think the problem is that the GTK configure searchs for Pango-files in wrong places:

[from the config.log]

configure:33868: checking Pango flags
configure:33874: result: -I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include/cairo -I/opt/gnome/include/pango- 1.0 -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/gnome/lib -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0
configure:33923: gcc -o conftest -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED -g -O2 -Wall -I/usr/local/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/local/include/cairo -I/opt/gnome/include/pango-1.0 conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/gnome/lib -lpangocairo-1.0 -lpango-1.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl -lglib-2.0 >&5

while my installed Pango-stuff is actrually in:

/opt/gnome/includes/pango-1.0/pango
/opt/gnome/lib
/usr/local/include/pango-1.0/pango

so my question:

How to tell the "configure.in" that it should find the pango-files in the right folders (those ending with "pango" and not with "pango-1.0")? I mean, in "configure.in" I see only variables like these: PANGO_PACKAGES and PANGO_CFLAGS

Thank you all for any help!

Alessandro

Oben