• Willkommen im Linux Club - dem deutschsprachigen Supportforum für GNU/Linux. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und Fragen zu stellen.

Knetworkmanager

Syltheryn

Hi, I accidentally deleted my network in the knetworkmanager using Options --> Show Networks... --> Delete item. Anybody know how to get it back :?:

A

Anonymous

Gast
No special actions needed.

The next time you successfully connect to your network, it will be back in the list automatically.

Just choose your network from the list of available networks in range found by Knetworkmanager.

The only thing you'll have to do again (only once) is adding the encryption key when being asked for it.

Greetz,

RM

OP
S

Syltheryn

Tried that yesterady - didn't work. Spent ages surfing and found one comment somewhere. If deleted from the list then the network is no longer loaded when the networkmanager is started. Tried reinstalling all sorts but still no luck. So now I'm pretty desperate.

A

Anonymous

Gast
Strange, because it works for me [TM].

Try this.

1. Stop Knetworkmanager.

Code:
cd ~/.kde/share/config
mv knetworkmanagerrc knetworkmanagerrc.old

3. Start Knetworkmanager.

If that doesn't help, just stop Knetworkmanager and rename the Backup ".old" to it's former name.

Greetz,

RM

OP
S

Syltheryn

Don't know what I did different this time but I entered the WEP128 code into the WEP40.
KDE Wallet opened and..... - well it works again even though I can't explain it.

Danke für alles

Oben