• Willkommen im Linux Club - dem deutschsprachigen Supportforum für GNU/Linux. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und Fragen zu stellen.

Back up bookmarks the fastest way?

I`m using Firefox and like to safe all my bookmarks,what is the fastes to safe bookmarks on my ext.HD?

Could you be so kind and help me out.

Thank you

Mike

Firefox-bookmarks are stored in ~/.mozilla/firefox/YourProfilename/bookmarks.html, so you could simply copy this file as a backup. By copying ~/.mozilla/firefox/ you would backup your entire FF-Profile (themes, addons, history etc.). Remember to shut FF down before doing so, otherwise it will contain a lock-file which won't let you start FF after using the profile-backup.

gropiuskalle schrieb:
Firefox-bookmarks are stored in ~/.mozilla/firefox/YourProfilename/bookmarks.html, so you could simply copy this file as a backup. By copying ~/.mozilla/firefox/ you would backup your entire FF-Profile (themes, addons, history etc.). Remember to shut FF down before doing so, otherwise it will contain a lock-file which won't let you start FF after using the profile-backup.

Do you saying FF is Firefox :???: and what is that strg is it CTRL or CTRL is english/STRG is german is that wright?

Apzolutelay wright! Yet the shortcut Jägerschlürfer mentioned does not work for me (never heard of it either...).

But Firefox does have it's own backup-option, you can find via "Bookmarks" → "Organize bookmarks" → "Import and backup" (didn't know that before either). That should be the easiest way.

Oben